Junior Chamber International Curepipe
NAME: JCI (Junior Chamber International), is a worldwide organisation of Young Active Citizens who Identity Challenges, Engage the Community and Take Actioins to provide Sustainable Solutions.
MEMBERSHIP: JCI regroups over 180,000 members throughout the world in more than 5,000 communities located in more than 100 nations and territories. Membership is open to persons aged between 18 and 40 years old. JCI in Mauritius regroups around 200 members divided into 5 Local Chapters.
MISSION: To contribute to the advancement of the global community by providing the opportunity for young people to develop the leadership skills, social responsibility, fellowship, and entrepreneurship necessary to create positive change.
VISION: From within the walls of the soul of this organization, wherein the foundation of character and citizenship are laid, we hope a message will come forth in the sometime of tomorrow that will stir the people toward the establishment of a permanent and everlasting world peace.
VALUES: We believe:
- That faith in God gives meaning and purpose to human life;
- That the brotherhood of man transcends the sovereignty of nations;
- That economic justice can best be won by free men through free enterprise;
- That government should be of laws rather than of men;
- That earth’s great treasure lies in human personality;
- And that service to humanity is the best work of life.
HISTORY: JCI was founded in Mexico City on December 11, 1944 to address global concerns. JCI Curepipe was founded in 1984 and has since then been creating positive changes in our society through community projects, as well as the personal development of our members.